CUBRID Release Policy
A new improved version of CUBRID is planned to be released every six months. A beta version will be announced first. Then a stable version will be released in coming months.
Rules for version naming and string since CUBRID 9.0
- Version name: CUBRID x.x Patch x (major version, minor version, patch version if necessary)
- CUBRID 9.0 Patch 1 (CUBRID 9.0 P1 in short)
- Version string: x.x.x.x (major version, minor version, patch version, build number)
Below you can see a breakdown of each constituent.
- Major version: 9. Significant changes to the architecture of the CUBRID Server will result in the increment of the major version number.
- Minor version: 9.0. The minor version number is incremented every time a new major extension is added to the system.
- Patch version: 9.0.1. The patch version number will be elevated by one when a new version is released with bug fixes.
Rules for version naming and string before CUBRID 9.0
- Version name: CUBRID 2008 Rx.x Patch x (2008 for major version, minor version, patch version, build number)
- CUBRID 2008 R4.1 Patch 1
- Version string: 8.x.x.x (major version, minor version, patch version, build number)
When a new version of CUBRID is released, it is recommended to upgrade the Server. However, drivers are not necessary to be upgraded, though still recommended. For upgrade guide please see Release Notes distributed together with each release.