CUBRID has been developed since 2006 by NHN corporation, which was ranked as Top Global 13 Publicly Traded Internet Company and Top 5 Worldwide Search Property, in Korea. NHN corporation operates Korea’s #1 search portal Naver.com which has 22.7 million daily unique visitors by hosting over 100 Web services on thousands of database servers. As many of NHN's internal/external services are using CUBRID since 2008, CUBRID is becoming more stable with rich functionality as "a DBMS Highly Optimized for Web Applications Software Architecture".
In CUBRID Project, there are around 40 main developers in Korea, China and Romania. The project is leaded by over 10 year-experience developers and enthusiastic contributors. CUBRID major versions are released 2 times a year in average and minor, patches, and hot fixes are frequently by customer requests.
- February 1, 2012 - CUBRID 8.4.1 Stable release
- July 1, 2011 - CUBRID 8.4.0 Stable release
- May 12, 2011 - CUBRID 8.4.0 Beta release
- December 31, 2010 - CUBRID 8.3.1 Stable release
- November 12, 2010 - CUBRID 8.3.1 Beta release
- October 4, 2010 - CUBRID 8.3.0 Stable release
- July 19, 2010 - CUBRID 8.3.0 Beta release
- April 30, 2010 - CUBRID 8.2.2 stable release
- February, 2010 - CUBRID Cluster alpha version was released.
- December, 2009 - CUBRID 8.2.1 stable release.
- October, 2009 - Opened Official Open Source Community Web site(cubrid.org)
- September, 2009 - Started CUBRID Cluster Project
- August, 2009 - CUBRID 8.2.0 stable release
- March, 2009 - CUBRID 8.1.4 stable release
- February, 2009 - CUBRID 8.1.3 stable release
- January, 2009 - CUBRID 8.1.2 stable release
- November, 2008 - Launched an open source project. CUBRID 8.1.1 stable release
- October, 2008 - First internal release followed by CUBRID 2008 R1.0 stable release
- 2006 - The development of CUBRID DBMS started.