CUBRID provides various Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The following APIs are supported by CUBRID as follows:
- JDBC: A standard API used to create database applications in Java.
- ODBC: A standard API used to create database applications on Windows. ODBC driver is written based on CCI library.
- OLE DB: An API used to create COM-based database applications on Windows. OLE DB provider is written based on CCI library.
- PHP: CUBIRD provides a PHP interface module to create database applications in the PHP environment. PHP driver is written based on CCI library.
- CCI: CCI is a C language interface provided by CUBRID. The interface module is provided as a C library.
All interface modules access the database server through the broker. The broker is a middleware that allows various application clients to connect to the database server. When it receives a request from an interface module, it calls a native C API provided by the database server's client library.
You can find the latest information on interface modules, visit the Web site at http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_apis.