CUBRID SHARD Terminologies
The teminologies used to describe CUBRID SHARD are as follows:
- shard DB: A database that includes a split table and data and processes user requests
- shard metadata: Configuration information for the operation of a CUBRID SHARD. It analyzes the requested query and includes information to select a shard DB which will execute a query and to create a database session with the shard DB.
- shard key (column): A column used as an identifier to select a shard in the sharding table
- shard key data: A shard key value that corresponds to the hint to identify the shard from the query
- shard ID: An identifier to identify a shard DB
- shard proxy: A CUBRID middleware process that analyzes hints included in user queries and sends requests to a shard DB which will process the query, based on the analyzed hint and the shard metadata