CUBRID provides various Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The following APIs are supported by CUBRID. CUBRID also provides interfaces modules for each interface.
- JDBC : A standard API used to create database applications in Java. CUBRID provides the JDBC driver as an interface module.
- ODBC : A standard API used to create database applications on Windows. CUBRID provides the ODBC driver as an interface module.
- OLE DB : An API used to create COM-based database applications on Windows. CUBRID provides the OLE DB provider as an interface module.
- PHP : CUBIRD provides a PHP interface module to create database applications in the PHP environment. The PHP module is based on the CCI library.
- CCI : CCI is a C language interface provided by CUBRID. The interface module is provided as a C library.
All interface modules access the Database Server through the Broker. The Broker is a middleware that allows various application clients to connect to the Database Server. When it receives a request from an interface module, it calls a native C API provided by the Database Server's client library.
You can find the latest information on interface modules, visit the Web site at http://www.cubrid.org/wiki_apis.