You can create a database by using the shortcut menu, or by clicking [Create Database ] from the toolbar at the top. The Create Database wizard consists of 5 steps.
Only the CUBRID Manager admin account can create a database. For details, see Configuring User Authorization.
Step 1 : General Information
Enter the basic information such as database name, the generic and log volumes.
- Database name : The name of a database must be unique in the host. A warning message is displayed when the name already exists. The following rules apply to database names:
- Only alphanumeric are allowed for the name of the database. Its maximum length is 16 characters.
- Special characters that cannot be used in file names on Linux/UNIX are not allowed: space, *, &, %, $, |, ^, /, ~,
- "." and ".." cannot be used in the name of the database.
- Page size : Select one of the following sizes: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384. The default value is 4096. Select an appropriate size for the purpose of the database since the size cannot be changed once the database is created. It is recommended to use the default value unless it is an exceptional case.
- Generic Volume Information : When the size of generic volume is entered in Mbytes, the number of pages for the volume is automatically calculated and displayed. The default value of a generic volume path is specified in the database location file ($CUBRID_DATABASES/databases.txt). When the database is being created on the server as the CUBRID Manager server, you can select a directory by clicking [Browse].
- Log Volume Information : Enter the size and path of the log volume. The default log volume path is the same as generic volume path.
Step 2 : Additional Volume Information
Enter information of additional volume by type such as generic, data, index, temp. In order to use the Automation of adding volume function for each volume type, you must configure the data volume and index volume.
- Additional Volume Information : If an additional volume is expected during the database creation, set information about the volume to be added in this step. If you click [Add volume] after entering the name, path, type and size of the volume to be added, the new volume is added accordingly. You can specify a volume type for each purpose, such as data, index, temp, and generic. You must additionally enter the data volume and index volume of an additional volume.
- Add volume/Delete volume : If you click [Add volume], the volume to be added is displayed on the list. If you click [Delete volume] after selecting a volume from the list, the volume is not created.
- Current additional volume list : Displays the list of volumes to be added during database creation.
Step 3 : Automation of Adding Volume
Enter information used for the automatic addition feature when data or index volumes do not have enough space. The automatic addition functionality can be used for a data or an index volume.
- Using automatic addition volume : When it is selected, the automatic addition functionality is used for the selected volume type.
- Out of space warning rate : A volume is added automatically when the remaining volume equals to the value set by [Out of space warning rate]. For example, if this value is set to 15 % and the remaining space of the volume is 15 %, a data volume is added automatically. The minimum value is 15, and the maximum is 30.
- Volume size : Enter the size of the volume to be added automatically.
Step 4 : Set DBA Password
Enter the password for the DBA account of the database being created. The password cannot contain any spaces, and must be at least 4 characters.
Step 5 : Database Information
Confirm the information entered up to step 4 and create the database. If you need to make a change, click [Back] to go back to the previous step.