cci_connect_with_url tries to connect a database by using connection information passed with an url string argument. If the HA feature is enabled in CCI, you must specify the connection information of the standby server, which is used for failover when failure occurs, in the url string argument of this function. If it has succeeded, the ID of connection handle is returned; if it fails, an error code is returned.
int cci_connect_with_url (char *url [, char *db_user, char *db_password ])
<properties> ::= <property> [&<property>]
<property> ::= althosts=<alternative_hosts> [&rctime=<time>]
<alternative_hosts> ::= <standby_broker1_host>:<port> [,<standby_broker2_host>:<port>]
<host> := HOSTNAME | IP_ADDR
<time> := SECOND
- url : (IN) A character string that contains server connection information
- host : A host name or IP address of the master database
- db_name : A name of the database
- db_user : A name of the database user
- db_password : A database user password
- althosts =standby_broker1_host, standby_broker2_host, . . . : Specifies the broker information of the standby server, which is used for failover when it is impossible to connect to the active server. You can specify multiple brokers for failover, and the connection to the brokers is attempted in the order listed in alhosts.
- rctime : An interval between the attempts to connect to the active broker in which failure occurred. After a failure occurs, the system connects to the broker specified by althosts (failover), terminates the transaction, and then attempts to connect to the active broker of the master database at every rctime. The default value is 600 seconds.
- db_user : (IN) A name of the database user
- db_passwd : (IN) A database user password
- Success : Connection handle ID (int)
- Failure : Error code
--connection URL string when a property(althosts) specified for HA
--connection URL string when properties(althosts,rctime) specified for HA