Open Source RDBMS - Seamless, Scalable, Stable and Free

한국어 | Login |Register

author

Post subject: Configuring CUBRID with PHP and XAMPP

IP: *.184.107.26

views: 41

Hi, i am a web developer and DBA, so, i am testing CUBRID, i like it... but i can't make it start with XAMPP, when i run any script the response is: Fatal error: Call to undefined function cubrid_connect().
I has already add the extension in php.ini and cubrid_err.msg folder.
When i run phpinfo() i get this:

PATH D:\CUBRID\bin\;
extension_dir d:\xampp\php\ext\ (i have the extension on this folder)
CUBRID D:\CUBRID
CUBRID_DATABASES D:\CUBRID\databases
CUBRID_LANG en_US
CUBRID_MODE client
_ENV["CUBRID"] D:\CUBRID
_ENV["CUBRID_DATABASES"] D:\CUBRID\databases
_ENV["CUBRID_LANG"] en_US
_ENV["CUBRID_MODE"] client

I am using PHP 5.3.1, what can i do? or i need to install apache/php separatly?

Thanks, i am going to help you with libraries and others stuff when i understand CUBRID better.

[Level:3]eye

# Post subject:Re: Configuring CUBRID with PHP and XAMPP

IP: *.91.137.50

Hi hcrow,

Thanks for your efforts to make CUBRID better! For now I have couple questions:

Let me know you OS, XAMPP version, Apache, CUBRID, and if you see the CUBRID information in phpinfo(), and I will try to help you. The more information you give, the faster we can replicate your problem and fix it.

In the meantime, if you are running CUBRID on Windows, please check phpinfo(); and make sure you have CUBRID info displayed there as shown in the picture at http://wiki.cubrid.org/index.php/Instal ... for_CUBRID. If you cannot see CUBRID information, it means PHP didn't load CUBRID-PHP Library. Otherwise, there is some other thing bothering PHP.

[Level:0]hcrow

Hi, thank you very much for your answer.
On Xampp i can see CUBRID on phpinfo(); but when i run a sample i get an error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function cubrid_connect()" or something like that.

So, i installed apache 2.0.63, PHP 5.3.3 separatly but cubrid module doesn't start, so when i go to error.log from apache, i read something like this:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'd:\\php\\ext\\php_cubrid.dll' - No se puede encontrar el m\xf3dulo especificado.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

So i was thinking the API is wrong, i am going to try to compile from source, i have installed VC++ and module start... but i get this error

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: CUBRID: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC9\nPHP compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC6\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

I am running on Windows XP SP3, Apache 2.0.63/PHP 5.3.3 VC6, so i don't know what can i do...

thank you very much for your help...

"eye"...
Hi hcrow,

Thanks for your efforts to make CUBRID better! For now I have couple questions:

Let me know you OS, XAMPP version, Apache, CUBRID, and if you see the CUBRID information in phpinfo(), and I will try to help you. The more information you give, the faster we can replicate your problem and fix it.

In the meantime, if you are running CUBRID on Windows, please check phpinfo(); and make sure you have CUBRID info displayed there as shown in the picture at http://wiki.cubrid.org/index.php/Instal ... for_CUBRID. If you cannot see CUBRID information, it means PHP didn't load CUBRID-PHP Library. Otherwise, there is some other thing bothering PHP.

Hi, i found the error, but i don't know how can i do to fix it, you are compiling the API for PHP with VC9 (for IIS) but for use it with Apache you need to compile it with VC6, i tried to do it but i get a lot of errors jejejje.
So i am going to try to test it on gnu/linux

"hcrow"...
Hi, i found the error, but i don't know how can i do to fix it, you are compiling the API for PHP with VC9 (for IIS) but for use it with Apache you need to compile it with VC6, i tried to do it but i get a lot of errors jejejje.

Hi hcrow,

Actually, if you install Apache and PHP separately on Windows and download the CUBRID-PHP API from http://www.cubrid.org/php_api_for_cubrid, you will not have any problems.

But I will compile VC6 version for you and give you a link to download it. Hope it will help.

If you test on Linux, keep posting your status.

IP: *.87.17.31

thank you very much... i am going to wait for the api... i am trying to make a layer and classes for cubrid... i am so interested on this database... i am going to keep you informed about this....

"eye"...
"hcrow"...

Hi hcrow,

Actually, if you install Apache and PHP separately on Windows and download the CUBRID-PHP API from http://www.cubrid.org/php_api_for_cubrid, you will not have any problems.

But I will compile VC6 version for you and give you a link to download it. Hope it will help.

If you test on Linux, keep posting your status.

Hi hcrow,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I was busy with the WACP (Windows-Apache-CUBRID-PHP) bundle. Last week on Friday we announced the custom release of the Uniform Server for CUBRID. Now it includes:
- Apache 2.2.9
- CUBRID R3.0 Beta
- PHP 5.2.12
- CUBRIDWebAdmin (SQL Buddy for CUBRID)

You are highly welcomed to try the Uniform Server. You can download it at
http://www.cubrid.org/about_uniformserver

If you have any questions related to it, please post them at
viewforum.php?f=38

Probably today, I will have the separate PHP API's for CUBRID 2.2 and 3.0 built with VC++6. I will post them here.

Meanwhile, if you have any updates or questions, I will be happy to help you!

[Level:0]cristiroma

IP: *.9.55.194

Hi,
I've tried to reproduce your problem, but I couldn't make PHP 5.3.3 work with Apache 2.0.63 (seems that php5apache2.dll is missing and I wasn't able to make PHP work as a module).

However, from what I have read above you tried to manually compile the cubrid module with Visual Studio 9 (which already compiled and distributed as binary) and that DLL won't work into an Visual Studio 6 environment (Apache 2.0 + PHP 5.3 x86-VS6). You'll have to compile the module with Visual Studio 6, too...

If you have no other reason to keep 2.0.63, you should upgrade your apache to 2.2 (that comes compiled with VC9) and use the PHP 5.3.3-x86-VC9 version. I have tested this setup and works fine with Cubrid 3.

Regards,
Cristian.

Hi hcrow,

I checked carefully the PHP 5.3.3 installation package and saw that there is only an option to install on Apache 2.2 Web Server. So, I highly encourage you to upgrade to the latest Apache 2.2.16.

Another thing is, I have downloaded the latest XAMPP (xampp-win32-1.7.4-beta2-VC6.7z) which is VC6, has Apache 2.2.16, MySQL 5.1.49, PHP 5.3.3 + PEAR, and other. So, if you just download this latest release of XAMPP, I tested it, you will not have any issues using PHP with CUBRID.

Let me know, if you have any questions.

Hi everybody.
I don't know what happen, but i configured this thread to send me an email for any upgrade about it, i didn't receive any notification jjejeejje so, i am going to test on windows with apache 2.2, but know i have it installed on CENTOS too, but i am going to test it on windows first, 'cause my computer on my office has this pseudo OS ejjeee.

i was thinking on migrate our internal software to cubrid so, this is the moment of truth jejejej, thank you for the tips, i am going to let you know about my first steps. :)

Hi hcrow,

See this post to learn how to subscribe to a forum or a forum post.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65

There is good news for you! You said you would like to migrate your internal software to CUBRID. Soon, expected date is October 8th, we are planning to release the CUBRID Migration Toolkit - a specially developed software to move active running MySQL and Oracle databases to CUBRID. I believe this will help our users a lot.

When you have updates, please share them with us, and if you need any help, do not hesitate to ask.

You are either using a very old browser or a browser that is not supported.
In order to browse cubrid.org you need to have one of the following browsers:

Internet Explorer: Mozilla Firefox: Google Chrome: