posted last year in News category by Esen Sagynov
We have created the installation instructions for you which provide three ways to install the driver. Please choose the one you feel more comfortable with.
Right now the beta version supports Win32. The stable version, which should come out in two weeks, will have 64-bit support as well.
If you plan to use the OLEDB driver for .NET projects via System.Data.OleDb namespace, we encourage you to use the fully managed CUBRID ADO.NET driver instead.
What's new in this version
- The provider naming is set to CUBRID.OLEDBProvider.xxx where xxx versioning will be in synch with CUBRID Engine releases.
- In this version we have focused on supporting OLE DB Consumer templates. Direct OLE DB interfaces work as well even though this technology is already deprecated.
- Added BLOB/CLOB support.
- Added support for localization (messages, errors content).
- Added Installer for the provider library.
- Enhanced schema rowsets support.
- Added test cases coverage. There are now 60+ test cases available!
Improvements in the coming stable release
- Add BLOB/BLOB Dynamic Accessors support in the stable release.
- Add schema support for CUBRID Stored Procedures.
- Improve support for Auto-Commit mode. Currently the Update() support is restricted to Auto-Commit mode = Off, which must be explicitly stated via session transaction.
- Add support for cci_connect_with_url. Improve UTF-8 support.
- Add support for the new cci_prepare_and_execute function.
- Add more test cases coverage, in particular for CUBRID specific data types and for .NET OleDb access.
- Remove the data provider distribution from the CUBRID standard installer.
- Release 64-bit version.
- Publish Doxygen documentation.
- SVN cleanup.
More information about this beta release you can find in the OLEDB Release Note.
In conclusion, I would like to invite all users to help us verify this beta version. If you find any bug, please report to our Issue Tracker.
And one more time, we will release the stable version in about two weeks from now, so stay tuned!