posted 4 years ago in CUBRID Apps&Tools category by Esen Sagynov
I am very glad to announce the immediate availability of M2 version of CUBRID Database driver for Node.js! This release is a full-featured technology preview that provides over 80% of the functionality of the final stable NPM package.
Some M2 highlights
- https://github.com/CUBRID/node-cubrid project now contains 3,000+ LOC.
- Connect/Close connection, Query/Close query, Fetch, Batch Execute, Set auto-commit, Commit, Rollback, Implicit Connect etc. are fully implemented.
- More data types support implemented.
- Complete driver events model implemented
- 30+ functional test cases
- 30+ unit tests
- 3 E2E demos
- 4 Web site full demos
- ... and many more additions and improvements
There are no more functions prototype changes from now on. The programming model (events and callbacks) is finalized, and we provide end-to-end test scenarios, including Web site demos.
You can download the driver from https://github.com/CUBRID/node-cubrid. We have published several examples on the Github project page which illustrate how to use the driver in different coding styles like event driven, callback driven, or using async Node module. Also, we have prepared the demo video below which showcases this M2 release.
Thus, the second milestone is now completed. Next time we will release the beta version of the driver.
- Milestone 1: Basic driver interfaces: connect, queries support + result set - 3rd week of August. Released on August 18, 2012!
- Milestone 2: Technology preview: 80% functionality ready - 2nd week of September. Released on September 17, 2012!
- Milestone 3: Beta release: > 95% functionality ready - 1st week of October. In progress.
- Milestone 4: Stable release: 100% functionality ready- end of October.
- Milestone 5: NPM Package and tutorials - beginning of November.
What comes next in Beta?
- Schema support
- Documentation release & publishing
- More testing
- Additional demo
- More code improvements, optimizations and refactoring
An NPM installerwill be available with a stable release.
This mute video has been created to illustrate the functionality of CUBRID driver for Node.js after Milestone 2 has been completed. In this video you can see how employees management system can be managed in CUBRID through Node.js driver.
See more CUBRID video tutorials on Vimeo.