Your Query returned 12 results
- Understanding Vert.x Architecture - Part II
- Last month a colleague of mine has already covered Vert.x, a relatively new Java application framework which provides noticable performance advantage over competing technologies and features multi programming language support. The previous article has explained us about the philosop...
- The Client-Server Architecture and Execution Modes in CUBRID Database
- This is the tenth article on CUBRID Internals. In the previous articles, I have discussed about Data Types, Domains, and Inheritance in CUBRID, how data is stored in CUBRID, etc. Today I will explain about two very important aspects of CUBRID Database - the exe...
- The CUBRID Broker Story
- Unlike other RDBMS, CUBRID has a middle layer called a BROKER.
For better understanding of CUBRID let’s take a look at why the BROKER is needed, what are its pros and cons.
Developers who use CUBRID know that its features a 3-tier structure, "API – BROKER – D...
- Data Types, Domains, and Inheritance in CUBRID RDBMS
- In the previous article I have explained how data is stored in CUBRID RDBMS. I have described the concept of objects, classes, inheritance, and OID in CUBRID. In this article I will talk about the data types available in CUBRID and how they are stored in the...
- How data is stored in CUBRID RDBMS? Intro to Objects, Classes, OID and Inheritance
- In this article I will explain how data is stored in CUBRID RDBMS. I will describe the concept of objects, classes, and OID in CUBRID.
One of the characteristics of CUBRID that is often discussed as an "extension of relational data model" is its object-oriented...
- Basic Operations of CUBRID Processes
- This article is a part of "CUBRID Internals" series. In the previous article I have explained about CUBRID Processes and where to configure them. In this article I would like to dive into how those processes run. If you have not read the previous article, I recommen...
- CUBRID Database Processes
- Some developers have already asked why there are a dozen processes being created when CUBRID is started. Being one of the core developers of CUBRID Database and creator of CUBRID Cluster project, I thought it was my duty to explain CUBRID processes and the communicat...
- How SQL UPDATE is performed in CUBRID RDBMS
- The internals of an RDBMS is extremely profound and sensitive. When updating a record in the table, not only the size of columns to be updated affects the performance but also the size of the record itself. Updating a variable-length column is less favorable than updat...
- CUBRID Broker Story
- 여타의 RDBMS와 달리 CUBRID는 BROKER라는 중간 레이어를 가진다.
BROKER가 왜 필요한지 알아보고 BROKER 장단점을 알아본다면 CUBRID를 좀 더 이해할 수 있게 될 것이다.
CURBID를 사용하는 개발자들은 모두 알다시피, CUBRID를 사용할 때는 ‘JDBC driver – BROKER – DB server’로 연결되...
- Bucharest Conference Outcome
- Last Thursday on May 27th, 2010, CUBRID for the first time was introduced to Romania developers at Agora Technology Conference on Open Source Software. There were about 40 conference attendees, and 6 corporate company representatives who presented their open source so...