Documents tagged with "SQL"
Your Query returned 46 results
- All new CUBRID 9.2.0 with new SQL support, performance improvements, and more
- Last month we announced CUBRID 8.4.4, the latest version of 8.4.x branch, with new SQL Profiling feature and numerous stability improvements. Today I am excited to announce an update to the 9.x branch - all new CUBRID 9.2.0.
Most new features and stability improveme...
- New CUBRID 8.4.4 with SQL Profiling and Stability Improvements
- On behalf of CUBRID Team I am happy to announce the new 8.4.4 version of CUBRID open source relational database. This release is mostly dedicated for stability improvement of the 8.4 branch, and has some minor behavioral changes which I will explain below. Thus, CUBR...
- Spanner, a Globally Distributed Database by Google
- Today I would like to talk about Spanner, a NewSQL distributed relational database by Google. It can distribute and store data in data centers across the world, provide consistency that is as excellent as in RDBMS while enabling to store an amount of data that exceeds ...
- Meet Impala: Open Source Real-Time SQL Queries on Hadoop
- UPDATED on July 16 2013: the article has been updated inline considering the feedbacks on Twitter and comments below.
In this article I would like to introduce you to Cloudera Impala, an open source system which provides real-time SQL querying functionality on top of H...
- CUBRID Migration Toolkit v2013.05 has been released with UI improvements
- We are glad to announce the release of a new version 2013.05 of CUBRID Migration Toolkit which allows to migrate or extract existing data and/or schema from MySQL/Oracle/CUBRID (previous versions) to the latest version of CUBRID Database Server, and perform scheduled exe...
- Embrace SQL with CUBRID and jOOQ
- This is a guest post by Lukas Eder, the creator of jOOQ open source Java API for typesafe SQL modeling. If you develop or use an open source application and would like to tell the world about it, CUBRID open source database project is accepting guest posts.
Big Data, the...
- PostgreSQL at a glance
- PostgreSQL shows excellent functionalities and performance. Considering its high quality, it may seem strange that PostgreSQL is not more popular. However, PostgreSQL continues to make progress. This article will discuss this database.
Why You Should Know about PostgreSQL
- CUBRID SHARD talk at 2013 Percona MySQL Conference. Don't miss!
- I would like to announce that on April 24, 2013, six weeks from now, we will talk at Percona MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, CA. The topic of the presentation is Easy MySQL Database Sharding with CUBRID SHARD. The presentation will be @ 3:30 PM ...
- The Client-Server Architecture and Execution Modes in CUBRID Database
- This is the tenth article on CUBRID Internals. In the previous articles, I have discussed about Data Types, Domains, and Inheritance in CUBRID, how data is stored in CUBRID, etc. Today I will explain about two very important aspects of CUBRID Database - the exe...
- When you should and should NOT use ENUM data type
- ENUM is a new enumerated data type introduced in CUBRID 9.0. Like in all programming languages, the ENUM type is a data type composed of a set of static, ordered values. Users can define numeric and string values for ENUM columns.
Working with ENUM types
Creating an ENU...