Changes from 0.5.0 to 8.4.0
- Modified the architecture of CUBRID Python API, supported two-level interface. The high-level interface was a package, called CUBRIDdb, which respected the standard defined in the DB API 2.0 and was a wrapper around _cubrid. The low-level interface was a module, called _cubrid, which exposed nearly the entire native client interface of the database engine.
- Upgraded thread safety to level 2 (according to the Python DB API 2.0) as in internal project required the ability to share the module and the connection between threads.
- Modified the parameters of module.connect() function.
- Added functions Date(), Time(), Timestamp(), DateFromTicks(), TimeFromTicks() and TimestampFromTick() (according to the Python DB API 2.0) in CUBRIDdb and _cubrid.
- Added functions ping(), server_version(), client_version() order in _cubrid.connection to providing information about server and client.
- Added functions(set_autocommit() and set_islation_level()) and attributes (autocommit, isolation_level, lock_timeout and max_string_len) in _cubrid.connection to get or set the attributes of CUBRID server.
- Added functions insert_id() and schema_info() in _cubrid.connection.
- Added global constants in _cubrid, which used in the functions connection.schema_info(), connection.set_isolation_level, cursor.execute(), lob.seek().
- Added functions in _cubrid.cursor, prepare(), bind_param(), bind_lob(), execute(), affected_rows(), fetch_row(), fetch_lob(), data_seek(), num_fields(), num_rows(), row_tell(), row_seek(), result_info(), next_result().
- Added simple usage example as requested by many people.
- Modified README
- Added HISTORY file to the distribution.
Changed from 8.4.0 to 8.4.0.0001
- Added support for python 2.4 and 2.5
- Modified cursor.next_result() function
- Added test case test_next_result() in test_cubrid.py