posted 5 years ago in CUBRID Apps&Tools category by Esen Sagynov
Today we would like to provide a list of PHP resources which our CUBRID users can refer to when building their web applications using PHP. This blog is intended to provide all the necessary links to the actual tutorial articles which will lead readers from the installation stage to practical ready-to-copy-and-paste examples.
In order to successfully install and use most Web applications like well-known Wordpress or phpBB, it is required to have PHP installed besides database and web servers. Below is a list of these step by step tutorials. Let's get started!
- There are three software we have to install before we can use any application written in PHP. One is a Database Server. Second - Web Server. Third is PHP. Since you are going to run your website with some web applications, it is recommended to install CUBRID as your Database Server. CUBRID is developed and highly optimized for web applications. It is exactly what you need.
For this purpose we have create very easy-to-understand quick tutorial which will explain where you can download CUBRID from and how to install it and prepare for the Web.
- Second, you need to install a Web Server. In our case we will use most popular and widely used Apache HTTP Web Server. In this tutorial you will learn how to download, install and quickly configure your Apache Server.
- Third, you need to install PHP engine itself. PHP installation is very easy, indeed. The latest version provides easy installation tool which will automatically adjust your Apache Web Server's configuration file to correctly run PHP.
Refer to Install PHP article to get PHP installed.
- At this moment you should have almost everything you need. However, there is one more thing before we get started with Web application's installation. In order to be able to connect to CUBRID Database Server using PHP, there should something like a bridge to let them communicate with each other. This bridge is called PHP Connector or CUBRID PHP Library. This type of PHP Connector is typical to every database server. In our case CUBRID PHP Library will provide different kinds of PHP functions which you can use to let your web application communicated with CUBRID Database Server to retrieve data from the database, insert, update, and accomplish lots of other tasks.
The tutorial below will show where to download CUBRID PHP Library from and how to install it. In fact, there is no need to install. It's a matter of copying the Library file to PHP extensions directory. It will also explain how you can configure the library for your needs.
- Once you install everything, you might want to test your PHP. In the tutorial provided below you will see several PHP examples which you can copy & paste, then run them. Adjust any code according to your needs.
Read PHP Sample Codes.
- If you have already developed your PHP application for other databases and would like to use them with CUBRID, you might want to port them. This tutorial will explain in details all the CUBRID conventions, data types and SQL syntax which are important to be followed when porting PHP applications. Here you will see practical examples of how to port MySQL compatible PHP applications to CUBRID.
- Besides porting PHP applications to CUBRID you will highly likely need to migrate your data from other databases to CUBRID. If so, we have written very comprehensive and at the same time very easy-to-understand tutorial for Data Migration. In addition, this blog provides a video lesson for the same tutorial which will show a step-by-step migration process.
- All these tutorials are aggregated and explained in PHP Tutorial.
If you think there is something else we could have covered, please let us know. We will do our best to make your CUBRID deployment easy and fast!