posted 4 years ago in CUBRID Apps&Tools category by Esen Sagynov
We are very happy to announce that the official public beta version of CUBRID ADO.NET driver is now available for download.
This beta release features:
- 100% Fully-managed code. Does not require any local CUBRID component installation.
- Open source code, released under GPL v2 license.
- Implementation of the CUBRID 8.4 (sockets) communication protocol.
- BLOB/CLOB support.
- Implementation of all main classes in ADO.NET model.
- Extended classes implementation (SchemaProvider, CommandBuilder etc.).
- Test cases. There are 70 scenario test cases.
- Driver implementation documentation, in CHM format.
- Localization support built-in. For now, only English messages are released.
- Unit test: In progress, completing the overall test coverage.
- Various demos. In progress. UI, VB.NET, NHibernate etc.
- The library beta release (CUBRID.Data.dll)
- The Release notes
- The CHM driver documentation
- The development documentation (internal)
- Scenarios test cases (70)
- 5 test cases needs investigation
- Unit tests must be enabled to add more coverage; same goes for scenario test cases
- More testing is required to identify remaining issues
- The CHM documentation must be reviewed (and improved)
- Tutorials and User guides are not ready
- Code Analysis tool should be executed and issues fixed
The stable release will be released at the end of this month (Dec. 2011) and will provide additional features such as:
- An automatic driver installer.
- More tutorials.
- NHibernate Demo.
- VB.NET Demo.
- Unit tests (partial, depending on the resources available)
In the time left until the scheduled stable release, we will work on:
- Preparing the rest of the components (Installer, Tutorials, etc.).
- Fixing bugs.
- Adding more test coverage.