posted 2년 전 in CUBRID Apps&Tools category by Esen Sagynov
It was great couple of weeks for CUBRID project! We opened this month with participating at the Russian Internet Technologies 2012 Conference where our team presented CUBRID very successfully. Some 40+ attendees bombarded us with really interesting questions. It was just amazing! In addition, we have recently launched CUBRID Affiliates program where we invite all members of open source community to become the CUBRID Partners by adding support for CUBRID RDBMS in their open source applications.
So far it has been very successful that I am very excited to announce our first partner jOOQ (Java Object Oriented Querying), an open source SQL query builder with Active Record modeling which provides easy 1:1 mapping between tables/views in your database and classes in your Java application.
According to Lukas Eder, the core developer, jOOQ is a type safe SQL query builder which allows to model standard and vendor-specific SQL constructs directly in a Java fluent API. "Using its code generator, its intuitive API and your favourite IDE for syntax-autocompletion, you can greatly increase your productivity writing and executing SQL in your Java application. Use jOOQ for your migration from MySQL to CUBRID and let SQL be fun again!" says Lukas.
We have already tested jOOQ with CUBRID and created a tutorial for you to quickly get started. Here are the major set of features which make jOOQ very useful for database based Java application developers:
- Code Generation: jOOQ generates a simple Java representation of your database schema. Every table, view, stored procedure, enum, UDT is a class.
- Active records: jOOQ implements an easy-to-use active record pattern. It is NOT an OR-mapper, but provides a 1:1 mapping between tables/views and classes. Between columns and members.
- Typesafe SQL: jOOQ allows for writing compile-time typesafe querying using its built-in fluent API.
- SQL standard: jOOQ supports all standard SQL language features including the more complex UNION's, nested SELECTs, joins, aliasing
- Vendor-specific feature support: jOOQ encourages the use of vendor-specific extensions such as stored procedures, UDT's and ARRAY's, recursive queries, and many more.
When we have asked Lukas about what it was like to add CUBRID Database support to an open source application used by thousands of users, he replied: "At first sight, I was thrilled by the amount of functionality, documentation, and tooling offered by this new emerging open source database. Its integration into jOOQ was straight-forward thanks to the detailed documentation and compatibility with MySQL."
On behalf of CUBRID, I would like to thank Lukas for his valuable contribution to CUBRID open source community. I am sure CUBRID users will greatly benefit from jOOQ's rich functionality.
Stay tuned! We will be announcing more of such interesting open source projects in the coming week.
Information for our readers!
If you develop an open source application and would like to become a CUBRID Partner by supporting CUBRID Database in your project, contact us by email email@example.com. In your letter please provide an overview of your software, project links, and your statement on behalf of your project. We will be very glad to have you onboard!