posted 9달 전 in CUBRID Apps&Tools category by Esen Sagynov
We are very happy to announce that brig open source project has added CUBRID database support. The brig project provides a collection of cross-platform C++ header-only libraries that can be used for rapid application development for databases. Here are its key features:
- provides a rapid application development for database (less code, less time)
- Supported databases: CUBRID, DB2 + Spatial Extender, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres + PostGIS, SQLite + SpatiaLite
- a minimum set of dependencies (C++11, header-only Boost, header-only brig and h-files of the driver)
- cross-platform (windows, linux)
- ability to receive metadata (TABLES, COLUMNS, INDEXES) and to use basic SQL commands (
DROP) without a line of code in SQL
- usability of the geometric data
You can download brig from Google Code project site. The archive is tiny (~170KB). Also a Doxygen reference file is available. In addition, we have created a tutorial which explains how to use brig with CUBRID database.
When we asked Andrew Naplavkov, the developer behind brig, about his experience with CUBRID, he said he has not faced disadvantages in comparison to other databases except for the lack of geometry and spatial index support. We are very grateful to Andrew for his contribution to CUBRID community.
Thus, if you code a C++ application which needs to store data in a database, or needs libraries to work with geospatial data, brig provides a great set of libraries to accomplish many related tasks.
Information for our readers!
If you develop an open source application and would like to become a CUBRID Partner by supporting CUBRID Database in your project, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter please provide an overview of your software, project links, and your statement on behalf of your project. We will be very glad to have you onboard!