Open Source RDBMS - Seamless, Scalable, Stable and Free

English | Login |Register

(click on this box to dismiss)

Please provide an example of using blob_from_file in an update or insert statement reading a file from /tmp/

For Example

UPDATE tblfile SET fileimage =  BLOB_FROM_FILE ('/tmp/image.png')  WHERE fileid = '2b93d4629241d287915a422f6d1a90374de95ef0'

BUT

This is giving me a Cannot coerce blob to type unknown data type error.

fileimage is a blob

링크 댓글 쓰기 (6)
질문시간 2년 전
andrevanzuydam
This seems to be reported as a bug. You can expect to see it fixed in the very near future - [레벨:8]ginarrbrik 2년 전
Any idea when this may be, I need this functionality working for a system I am doing - [레벨:2]andrevanzuydam 2년 전
@ginarrbrik, you had an example for INSERT using BLOB_FROM_FILE. Would you please share? That bug you're talking about, I guess, is related to using BLOB_FROM_FILE with SELECT. INSERT and UPDATE seems to work fine. Would you please confirm this? - [레벨:8]CUBRID 2년 전
Well, I have tried an update also, I tested this in the query manager just to make 100%. I had some thoughts also that there might be permission problems using this command, that is why I tried to load files from /tmp/ if there is a problem with permissions then this needs to be documented so everyone understands how this works. - [레벨:2]andrevanzuydam 2년 전
I can confirm that I have no joy with update or insert. - [레벨:2]andrevanzuydam 2년 전
We will get back to you with a solution. If not possible, we will tell you the reason. - [레벨:8]CUBRID 2년 전
73 답변들
We will get back to you with a solution. If not possible, we will tell you the reason.
링크 댓글 쓰기 (0)
답변시간 2년 전
dba

You are either using a very old browser or a browser that is not supported.
In order to browse cubrid.org you need to have one of the following browsers:

Internet Explorer: Mozilla Firefox: Google Chrome: