CUBRID Key Features
CUBRID's 3-tier architecture allows to scale out your system with a high flexibility. CUBRID Shard provides horizontal scaling across multiple nodes. CUBRID HA with an automatic fail-over guarantees 24/7 non-stop service even during accidental hardware failure or software upgrades. The following table shows a list of CUBRID's major features and their explanation.
- CUBRID HA is one of the main reasons why Enterprise solution providers choose CUBRID over other open source RDBMS
- Reliable, based on transaction log replication
- Provides very accurate and predictable automatic fail-over and fail-back features based on a native CUBRID Hearbeat technology
- No service down time during system maintenance including OS, software upgrade, device replacement or expansion
- Reduced hardware costs with the configuration of multiple independent master database nodes and one or more slave database nodes
- CUBRID Architecture suitable for Social Networking Services.
- Can be configured in three copy modes for transaction log replication: synchronous, semi-synchronous, and asynchronous modes
- Various configurations for efficient traffic load balancing. The following table shows three types of CUBRID HA system. See CUBRID HA for more information.
||Node (M : S : R)
||1 : 1 : 0
||HA Default system consists of a single master and slave node to provide highly available service through automatic fail-over. A master node processes Read/Write loads, while a slave node is maintained to replace the master on failure.
||1 : N : 0
||HA Extended system consists of a single master and N slave nodes for both high availability and load balancing.
This type enables server duplication between two data warehouses.
|HA Load Distributed
||1 : 1 : N
||HA Load Distributed system consists of HA Default nodes and multiple replica nodes for distributing read loads.
A master in this system uses less resource than the one in HA Extended system. A replica node is used to distribute Read loads.
- This is something no open source RDBMS can offer you for free. We have developed a native CUBRID SHARD feature which will be released with CUBRID 8.4.3 in October, 2012. All open source! All completely free!
- Allows to divide the data over multiple database instances
- Unlimited shard
- Multiple, customizable Shard ID generation algorithm
- Connection and statement pooling
- Load balancing
- HA Support
- Refer to Database Sharding with CUBRID for more information
|High Performance Optimized for Web Services
|Scalability and Large Data Optimization
- Online backup/restore
- 3-level incremental backup and parallel/compression backup
- Restore transactions to a point in time or the time of failure
- DB user management using full permission inheritance
- Automatic fail-over to a slave DB in HA system (crash-tolerant)
- IP/user id/database based access restriction
|Ease of Development
- We provide very rich set of resources consisting of in-depth online/offline manuals, release notes, API documentations, tutorials, and technology reviews.
- Extended list of APIs: JDBC, PHP/PDO, ODBC, ADO.NET, OLEDB, Python, Perl, Ruby, C, and Node.js.
- Great native tools for database administrators and developers
- Extended SQL syntax
- Over 90% MySQL SQL compatibility
- Support for key Oracle SQL features such as Hierarchical Queries and more.
- Very active community ready to answer questions, resolve issues, discuss on irc, forum, twitter, facebook, and google+.
|Major RDBMS Features
- Seamless transaction: commit/rollback/savepoint
- Transaction consistency in backup/restore/replication/HA
- SQL-92 standard and extended SQL syntaxes
- View/Trigger/Primary key/Auto increment/Foreign key/Serial/Java Store Procedure