Open Source RDBMS - Seamless, Scalable, Stable and Free

한국어 | Login |Register

author

Post subject: Quizland March 2011 question 10

IP: *.216.221.102

views: 174

Good day,

I have a question about Quizland March 2011 question number 10. I think I have the correct query for what I think I should have done, but I'm not sure I have understood the question well.
It seems to me that the query result should be a single result - a string where index names are concatenated with a comma and the indexes within this string are sorted via their names in ascending order. Should it also include system table names?

It would be nice if the question could be updated with a hint of how many indexes should there be in the result.

Thanks. :)

[Level:3]eye

# Post subject:Re: Quizland March 2011 question 10

IP: *.91.137.50

Hi slapo,

The result should not contain the system tables, only user tables available in the demodb database.

Also, it is important to pay attention which table you query (where do you get your results from). Is it a system table you use or the user table? It should be a user table.

Consider this, and if you still have difficulties, post your questions here. I'll be glad to help you.

[Level:0]slapo

IP: *.216.221.102

Hi eye,

thanks for the information. I have changed the query to only list indexes from non-system tables in demodb, but I haven't found any information in the documentation about how to query user tables for their indexes, if that's what you meant. I just query the system catalog table that stores index information and from which I can choose non-primary key indexes easily.

Should the output be just a single row and a single string, looking e.g. like this:
"index1,index2,index3"
without the quotes and without using any extra spaces around the commas?
Or should it look like this:
table1|index1,index2
table2|index3,index4
although the question seems to require an output in the format of the first example, I might be wrong there.

Thanks for your assistance. :)

1) output should just be a single string with no extra info around, so your first format is correct (without quotes, too).

2) you correctly retrieved indexes from that system catalog table. It is correct. There is also a system catalog virtual class for it. Use that one. Don't forget to look at the data types of its columns. They are different. Briefly both of the them as aliases to each other, just provide different interfaces.

IP: *.168.8.115

Thanks eye,

I get the same results from system catalog tables and virtual classes that use them.
There are only a few indexes in the result. I've looked at the details of non-system catalog tables and I've only found as many indexes as my query has returned. They are listed in among the keys, not indexes, in the table detail tab (which I get by double clicking a table name in CUBRID manager), though.
By the way, it seems the column PK in that tab lists keys that are not part of a table's primary key but also foreign keys.

Right now, I'm quite puzzled. There must be some embarrassing detail that I have missed. If member to member forum messages were allowed, I would have sent you my output so perhaps you would better see where it is I have missed something important.

I suppose that means I'm out of the draw then.

You can PM me.

IP: *.168.8.115

PM sent, thanks :)

Dear slapo,

I am very glad you submitted your correct answer on time! In about half an hour we will close the event. Perhaps, at the beginning of the next week, you can see the final winners standings. I hope you will be in the list. Will bet on you! :)

Someone...

Is their use discouraged because they might be subject to change and the virtual ones in the system catalog should be more stable?

I could understand quite well what you meant. Could you please clarify your question?

And, yes. We have updated the documentation module. Now it is integrated into cubrid.org site and there is a common search for the entire site using nLucene.

Concerning you feedback about the sibling nodes in the table of contents on the left, I will personally make sure your desired layout is implemented.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please let me know. We all do our best to make the CUBRID environment very friendly and easy-to-use.

IP: *.91.139.51

Hi slapo,

You feedback related to the new CUBRID Manual has been implemented. Check it out http://www.cubrid.org/manual31/entry/Pe ... e%20Tuning.

If you have any other comments, please let me know. We really appreciate your help.

You are either using a very old browser or a browser that is not supported.
In order to browse cubrid.org you need to have one of the following browsers:

Internet Explorer: Mozilla Firefox: Google Chrome: