CUBRID Contributor’s Agreement
In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with Contributions from any person or entity, each Contributor must indicate your agreement to the terms below by completing and signing the CUBRID Contributor’s Agreement ("CCA") and returning it to Search Solution Corporation ("Search Solution”). If you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to Search Solution, fill in the information requested below and provide your signature. Please read this agreement carefully before signing and keep a copy for your records.
The term “Contribution” means any original work of authorship, including any modifications or additions to an existing work, or any code, patch, tool, sample, graphic, specification, manual, documentation, or any other material posted or submitted by you to a project.
The term "You" (or "Your") shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with Search Solution. For legal entities, the entity making a Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to be a single Contributor.
Grant of Copyright License
- you hereby assign to us joint ownership, and to the extent that such assignment is or becomes invalid, ineffective or unenforceable, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, no-charge, royalty-free, unrestricted license to exercise all rights under those copyrights. This includes, at our option, the right to sublicense these same rights to third parties through multiple levels of sub-licensees or other licensing arrangements;
- you agree that each of us can do all things in relation to your contribution as if each of us were the sole owners, and if one of us makes a derivative work of your contribution, the one who makes the derivative work (or has it made) will be the sole owner of that derivative work;
- you agree that you will not assert any moral rights in your contribution against us, our licensees or transferees;
- you agree that we may register a copyright in your contribution and exercise all ownership rights associated with it;
- you agree that neither of us has any duty to consult with, obtain the consent of, pay or render an accounting to the other for any use or distribution of your contribution.
Grant of Patent License
- you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, no-charge, royalty-free license to make, have made, use, sell, offer to sell, import, and otherwise transfer your contribution in whole or in part, alone or in combination with or included in any product, work or materials arising out of the project to which your contribution was submitted, at our option, to sublicense these same rights to third parties through multiple levels of sub-licensees or other licensing arrangements; and
- you furthermore agree to notify Search Solution of any patents that you know or come to know are likely infringed by the Contribution and/or are not licensable by You. If any entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that your Contribution, or the Work to which you have contributed, constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
- it is an original work and that you can legally grant the rights set out in these terms;
- it does not to the best of your knowledge violate any third party's copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property rights;
- you represent that you have received permission to make Contributions on behalf of your employer, that your employer has waived such rights for your Contributions to Search Solution;
- you are legally entitled to grant the above licenses and to sign this agreement on behalf of your employer if your employer has rights to intellectual property that you create that includes your Contributions.
Except as set out above, you keep all right, title, and interest in your contribution. The rights that you grant to us under these terms are effective on the date you first submitted a contribution to us, even if your submission took place before the date you sign these terms. Any contribution we make available under any license will also be made available under a suitable FSF (Free Software Foundation) or OSI (Open Source Initiative) approved license.
You may submit what is not Your original work to Search Solution separately from any Contribution by identifying the complete details of its source and of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which you are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as "Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]"
Please fill in with your contact information (print clearly)
Full name: ________________ Country:_________________
E-mail: _________________ Company’s name (if available):_____________
Address: ____________________________ Telephone number: _____________
Signature: ___________________________ Date: _____________
To deliver these terms to us, scan and email a signed copy to the e-mail address specified at http://www.cubrid.org/developers/.