Open Source RDBMS - Seamless, Scalable, Stable and Free

한국어 | Login |Register

Current Events
Join our developers event to win one of the valuable prizes!
posted last year
viewed 3759 times
Share this article

CUBRID SHARD talk at 2013 Percona MySQL Conference. Don't miss!

percona_cubrid_shard_118x239_speaking.png

I would like to announce that on April 24, 2013, six weeks from now, we will talk at Percona MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, CA. The topic of the presentation is Easy MySQL Database Sharding with CUBRID SHARD. The presentation will be @ 3:30 PM in Ballroom A. Come and join us!

Abstract

If you ask companies who operate mission-critical services, they will tell:

1. that a relational database system is still the best choice for mission-critical data;
  2. that service availability is more important than performance;
  3. that high performance is good, but predictable performance is the king.

This is a fact, and we know it. At NHN we have over 30,000 Web servers that operate over 150 large scale Web and mobile services. At such scale we must know what scales, how to provide high-availability and operate at predictable speed.

At Percona Live MySQL Conference 2013 I will talk about CUBRID SHARD, a universal database sharding solution for CUBRID, MySQL, and Oracle. CUBRID SHARD can be used with a heterogeneous database backend, i.e. some shards can be stored in CUBRID, some in MySQL or even Oracle. At NHN we deploy various combinations: MySQL only, MySQL + Oracle, MySQL + CUBRID, CUBRID only, and Oracle only. I will explain how DBAs can easily configure it, and how we have implemented this feature.

CUBRID SHARD allows to store unlimited number of database shards and distribute data based on modulo, DATETIME, or hash/range calculations. The developers can even feed in their own library to calculate the SHARD_ID using some complicated custom algorithm. At the session I will show how easy it is to setup all this. No need for a third-party management tool. With CUBRID SHARD application developers do not need to modify the application logic to provide data sharding. This is DBAs job as all this is handled by the database system automatically.

CUBRID SHARD is designed to be very efficient. It provides built-in (*) distributed load balancing and (*) connection and statement pooling. At the conference I will present several cases where CUBRID SHARD is deployed as a shard manager and a connection manager, or where it's used as a way for seamless data migration between different systems.

Who should come to the session?

If you run a service which spends money on a database solution, on tools you need to shard databases or manage connections, you should come and learn how CUBRID SHARD can provide your applications native scale-out through single database view.

If you would like to learn more about CUBRID Database Sharding, see our Database Sharding the Right Way: Easy, Reliable, and Open source I have presented at 2012 HighLoad++ Conference. More about CUBRID you can find at Important Facts to Know about CUBRID.

If you have questions, feel free to leave your comment below.

comments powered by Disqus